- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Auto Finance
- Florida Motor Vehicle Dealership
- Nova Southeastern School of Law, Juris Doctor (1987)
- Florida International University, Bachelor of Arts (1984)
Roy Diaz is the shareholder of SHD Legal Group P.A. in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. Roy has been a member of the Florida Bar since 1988. He has concentrated his practice in the areas of real estate, litigation and bankruptcy. He has represented lenders, servicers of both conventional and GSE loans, private investors and real estate developers throughout his career with an emphasis on the mortgage servicing industry for over 25 years.
Roy is admitted to Federal Court practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, and Northern District of Florida. He is also admitted in the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. He is AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell which is the highest peer rating for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability.
Roy has been instrumental in the establishment of case precedent in Florida supporting enforceability and procedure related to negotiable instruments. Over the years he has been a speaker regarding mortgage related law and procedure with The Florida Bar, USFN, Legal League 100, Five Star Institute, ALFN and National Business Institute.
- Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeal for the Eleventh Circuit
- American Legal & Financial Network (ALFN)
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- American Mortgage Diversity Council
- Five Star Institute
- AV Rated Preeminent Attorney by Martindale Hubbell
- Chair of the Advisory Board for Legal League 100
- 2013 – Five Star Conference – Foreclosure & Loss Mitigation Lab. “Crisis 2.0: Foreclosure Trends & Outlook”
- 2014 – ALFN – “The New Normal for Law Firms”
- 2014 – Five Star Conference – Foreclosure Bankruptcy Lab: “Operating in an Era of Heightened Oversight”
- 2015 – ALFN – “Working Together: Gender and Age in the Modern Workplace”
- 2015 – ALFN – “Getting Things Done! Building Effective and Accountable Teams and Keeping Your Firm in the Black”.
- 2015 – Five Star Conference – Foreclosure Bankruptcy Lab: “Legal Issues”
- 2016 – Legal League Spring Servicer Summit: “Changing Tides: The Evolution of Foreclosure and Loss Mitigation Processes”
- 2016 – Five Star Conference - "State of Financial Services Regulation"
- 2016 – Legal League - "Staying Inside the Lines"
- 2017 – Legal League Servicer Summit - Moderator - "Compliance Concerns: Creating a Firm-Wide Culture of Compliance"
- 2017 – USFN Servicer Symposium - CFPB - "Expanded Protections and Other Changes"
- 2017 – Five Star Conference - "Managing Current Default Volume"
- 2017 – Legal League Servicer Summit - "Regulatory Outlook"
- 2017 – USFN Executive Summit - "Large Portfolio Transfers"
- 2018 – ALFN Bankruptcy Cramdowns, Surrendering & Serial Filers
- 2018 – USFN Loan Management & Servicing Seminar - "Current Trends & Legislative Updates"
- 2018 – Legal League Servicer Summit - "Issues in Servicer Oversight"
- 2018 – USFN Loan Management & Servicing Seminar - "Homeowner Associations and Title Issue Trends"
- 2019 - Information management Network (IMN) – Foreclosure Best Practices in Default Servicing
- 2019 – USFN Executive Servicer Summit – “Catching & Riding the Perfect Wave”
- 2019 – Legal League – “Keeping the Lines of Communication Open”